Saturday, March 8, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Drug Store Look!

Here is a sweet and smokey drug store look for St. Patrick's Day to keep you from being pinched! I used mostly the lower end drug store brands to make this look ultra affordable! Feel free to add or remove any step to make it work for you!








Begin by prepping your eye lid with a white base (I used L.A. Colors Jumbo eye pencil in Sea Shells) and apply a softened piece of scotch tape from the corner of the eye to the tail of the eyebrow (remove some of the sticky on the tape by placing it on the back of your hand first).

Only apply the white base from the lashline to the crease and blend it using your ring finger. The tape will help to give us a nice cat eye effect!







I am using Wet n' Wild Mega Eyes eye shadow trio for green eyes for this look. I apply the lightest color (a nice lime green) to the inner half of my eye lid and the medium color (a moss green with green and gold undertones) to the outer half of the lid using a fluffy eye shadow brush and lightly blending the two together near the middle. Using a medium sized pencil brush I applied the darkest color in this pallet ( a dark hunter green with gold flecks) along the outer two thirds of the crease and along the tape line to the lashes. I then blended all three colors together using a clean fluffy brush. I then applied my usual face powder to the brow bone area as a highlight and to soften the colors a little above the crease.






Using a flat angled liner brush and the tape as a guide I applied Physicians Formula Shimmer Stripes Custom Eye Enhancing gel liner for green eyes (the green color, this set includes a nice emerald green, a deep purple, and a black with green shimmer) to make a nice small winged liner. To do this I start at the tape and draw a line to the center of my lash line and then fill the wedge in and then from the inner corner of my eye I draw a thin line along the lashes connecting to the wedge.

I then used the same brush to apply a thin line of the black just along the lash line and lightly blended it up into the green being careful not to drown the green under the black.






After you remove the tape you will notice a nice crisp line. I used a cotton swab dipped in makeup remover to clean up the liner and then used my clean fluffy brush to buff out the shadow.

I then used the StarLooks khol eye pencil in Obsidian that I got a while back in an Ipsy Bag to tight line my upper lash line. An easy way to do this if you have trouble working so close to your eyeball is to place your finger in the center of your lid and gently lift the eyelid exposing the underside of the lashes. This will slightly raise the lid from the eyeball and make it easier to do.








Along my lower waterline I applied L.A. Colors eyeliner pencil in Lime Green and then applied the light green shadow color to it to set it. Below that along my lower lid I used a small pencil brush to apply the moss green/brown color to the outer two thirds of my eye and blended it up into the lime green near the inner tear duct area.
At this point you can just curl your lashes and apply your favorite mascara. I decided this would be a good time to try out the J. Cat lashes I got from Ipsy. These are number EL66. They are a full dramatic lash and I would not recommend them for everyday wear. They don't look as natural as an everyday set would. However, they are very comfortable to wear and the band is very pliable and easy to apply. The only problem I had was the packaging glue used to hold them in the package was horrible and over used making them hard to get out of the package and it was hard to remove from the lashes.


Everything I used on my eyes
Since I went dramatic with the eyes I kept the rest of my face simple! On my lips I am wearing MICA Beauty tinted lip balm in #6 Fiesta and on my cheeks I am wearing City Color Be Matte Blush in Fresh Melon, again both of which I got in my Ipsy Bag. As my foundation I am wearing Rimmel's Match Perfection foundation in #101 Classic Ivory and I have set my "T" zone with Airspun loose powder in Translucent. I have used this powder since I was a teen! The foundation is a really good full coverage foundation but it tends to oxidize and darken after a few hours.

The rest of my face!
I hope that you find this tutorial easy to do and that it helps you to spice up your day! Nothing is worse than being pinched and this look makes it as plain as the eyes on your face that you are wearing green!

Love,
Mom

P.S.

Here are two more things you can do to add a little more flare to your look!





The first is a little glitter! Use a clear lash glue just below the tail of your eyebrow. Allow it to set a little and then apply a nice green glitter to the top of it.
Use as little glitter or as much as you want. You can also apply the lash glue by gently patting it over the shadow of the lid and then topping it with glitter to add a little sparkle to the lid. You can use a liner brush to apply a small line of glue over the winged liner and pat the glitter on there too!









The next is a little peek of sparkle using small craft stones (normally used for nail art). Using a small brush or toothpick apply three small dots of lash glue below the outer corner just below your eye and use tweezers to apply the stones. Again with this you can put them anywhere you want them. For a more dramatic look apply the glue dots along your upper lash line and then put the stones there!

<3 M!

No comments:

Post a Comment