Tuesday, March 11, 2014

SSDD: Old Rant New Day!

I've complained about this in a previous post and I'll say it again. Why do people feel the need to go into stores and destroy things in the makeup aisle?



Or an even better question, these companies know what is happening to their products in the stores, why aren't they putting it into better packaging? Don't they want people to buy their things and try them out? For months now I have been wanting to try the Bouncy Blushes but out of 11 different stores I have not found a single one that doesn't have someone's massive fingerprint in the middle of it! I am not going to pay for something that is contaminated by stranger poopy paws! Lipsticks that have been used! Eyeshadows that are all busted! How can they expect anyone to want to buy their products?

Part of what I started this blog for was to let people like me know what I have found nice and what I haven't. But I can't do that if I can't even buy the things! I actually sent an email to Maybelline and stated these things and was told that I could order directly from their company if it was a bad problem. Really? I am like many everyday moms I like to browse the makeup section while picking up a prescription or gallon of milk and see what's new. I don't have time to sit down and navigate a specific makeup company website. When you have children eyeliner is a whim not a priority! That reply makes it seem like they don't care if you buy their things or not.

The stores make me wonder too about how much they care about their overhead costs. Do they not notice people doing this to their stuff? I went to my local CVS and decided to look at lipsticks. Disappointedly I found a color I fell in love with BUT out of the 35 lipsticks in that brand (every single color) not to mention every single one of the color I wanted had not only been opened but ruined beyond reason. They looked like a toddler had gotten ahold of them and mangled them. However, the lids had been put back on and then placed back where they went neatly. That told me that whoever did this knew what they were doing and did it with the intent to destroy it. That had to take time, was there nobody working that day? Did not one store employee happen to look that way? The display was in full view of the cashier! Those lipsticks were $7.99 each! When we showed it to the cashier she said it was a new display and was irritated. Why don't the cameras in the store show the people doing it? Surely it takes a little time to ruin 35 lipsticks!

Now lastly the people who do this! Is your life so boring and sad that you are willing to risk jail time to mash your thumb print into a blush? I mean really how intelligent do you have to be to LEAVE BEHIND YOUR FINGERPRINT to prove that you did it? and what exactly are you getting from drawing on the displays with the makeup? Was it so important to color Tyra Banks teeth in or to give Queen Latifah a mustache that you would risk having the cops called on you and a criminal record? Yes, I have others telling me it's mostly children doing it, but what does this say for parents that they let their children run amok in the stores damaging things like little monsters? You get a fail in parenting! Do these parents not realize that when their children get caught doing this they are the ones who will be held legally and financially responsible for the damage those little hellions reak upon the nail polish case?  

For those of you who have asked me about products I have yet to try, I want you to know that I am not ignoring you, I am just having trouble finding the things you have asked about. The top of this list being the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush, Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara, Covergirl True Magic Skin Perfecter, and Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless Corrector. I have gotten many requests to review these specific products but to this day have not found one that isn't ruined in the store.

I appeal to the companies improve your packaging, the stores to encourage their employees to pay attention, people not to act like fools, and parents to be parents control your children.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment