Sunday, March 16, 2014

Review Update: Day 6 This Thing Has gotta Go

Well this update was sooner than I had expected, but I can no longer deal with this ragged thing snagging on everything and especially my hair! This is the Maybelline New York nail sticker.





My original stance that this one is like duct tape stands. They are pretty, but for durable wear they didn't impress! It was already lifting the first day at the tip and if you want more than a quick manicure for a night out I suggest you save your money. They come in some very pretty designs and eliminate drying time, but they aren't very practical for everyday wear. When I took this off it confirmed the duct tape belief by leaving behind a nasty sticky residue that was hard to get off. I had to scrape a good bit of it off and then use alcohol and nail polish remover to clean the rest off. However, if you have a night out coming up and you want a quickie mani to go with your outfit these are ok.

Now I would like to take this time to share my 3 assistants in this review! My daughters, Elbow, Thelma, and Louise!

They are 11, 12, and 13, and one of them has a thumb sucking habit that we have been trying to break for a long time. Even have ultra sound pictures of her doing it so it will be interesting to see how that holds up!

Louise

Thelma

Elbow
Of course these are my children and who better to give you a good idea of wear and tear on the hands than that! The other nails on my hand are still working out well. The Jamberry looks first day beautiful, the Sally Hansen Nail Strip is still fully covered with a bit of surface wear which is normal with any nail polish, and the two polishes are still looking good but with a bit of wear around the nail tips. The more expensive one showing the most wear, surprisingly!

Love,
Mom

P.S.
I am replacing the Maybelline nail sticker with the Nicole by O.P.I. that I got in my Ipsy bag this month. I didn't realize this was a texturized polish. It makes me think of concrete! But it's a very pretty color and has chunks of dark blue glitter in it. It didn't take as long to dry as the other O.P.I. polish in this trial and only needed 2 coats and no top coat.

<3 M

No comments:

Post a Comment