Saturday, March 15, 2014

Review Update: Day 5

So five days ago I applied the 5 different nail products to my hand. Here is what I have after 5 days of wear.

As you can see they are all holding up pretty good except for the middle finger. That one is the Maybelline New York one and I was a little unimpressed by it to start with. It began lifting 2 days ago at the tip and snagged on everything. Pretty much like peeling tape. It caught on my clothing, hair, and anything I touched with my hands. This lead to a chunk being torn free from it. At the rate this one is going, if I wasn't testing how long it held on I would go ahead and take it off because that flapping bit is annoying.

As for the other products, the nail polishes are holding up pretty well with the $1 polish out shining the more expensive blue O.P.I. one. There is a little wear on the tips as expected but not as much as you would think there would be given the length of my nails. The Sally Hansen strip on the index finger is staying on pretty well itself, I have to say I am surprised by this! I expected it to chip and peel like polish. The Jamberry on the thumb is still perfect. There is no change in it from the day it was applied. Unlike the Sally strip it has resisted the minor surface scratches. It has that Day 1 manicure appearance and is still gorgeous!





Notice the lifting at the tip of the second finger from the left. This is the Maybelline one and annoying as can be! Normally this would drive me crazy and everyone knows when it reaches this point you start to pick at it and pull it free. For the sake of this review I am going to fight the urge and see how long I can leave it to "fall off naturally like a scab"! Wish me luck!








Love,
Mom

P.S.
As it has been pointed out to me I am just one person. How polish wears on me is different than others. Well yeah. This is my review. However, with everyday things I do being a stay at home mom of 7.5 kids I do a lot more with my hands than most. Dishes, diapers, laundry, diapers, more dishes, diapers, scrubbing bathrooms, diapers, bathing toddlers, diapers, you get the point? I put my nails through what most people do less often. But I will take that into account and I am adding 3 more people to this review to see how these products wear on them.

<3 M

No comments:

Post a Comment