Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Homemade Loaded Potato Soup Recipe

Here's one of my family's favorite dinners! Serve it in a nice hard crusted bread bowl for a yummy touch! This is not a low fat meal but I'm sure there can be a few changes to lower the fat if you like. We eat this as a delicious creamy bad weather pick me up! I hope you enjoy it too! This can also be made in the crock pot.





Creamy Loaded Potato Soup

Ingredients
4 large russet potatoes peeled and diced
8 red potatoes quartered
1 large yellow onion diced
1 crown of broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
1 stick of salted butter
8 oz sour cream
8 oz cream
1/2 cup flour
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
6 strips crispy cooked bacon cut into bits
2 tablespoons chopped chives
chicken stock

Rinse your potatoes and place them in a pot and fill with enough chicken stock to cover with 2 inches. Bring to a boil. Add onion, broccoli, bacon, chives, and butter. Boil until the potatoes are soft. Add sour cream and cheese.

In a separate bowl mix cream and flour until there are no lumps. Pour into the pot and reduce heat to low. Cook until thickened to a stew!

Serve in bread bowls!

If you want to cook this in a crockpot or slow cooker  add everything but the cream and flour mixture, just add that the last 30 minutes of cooking. Cook on a low setting.

Love,
Mom





5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the recipe, it sounds as good as it looks. The way I make mine is similar, but I may try your recipe next time just for a little change :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! Let me know how it is if you do try it!

      Delete
  2. question.........is the 8 oz cream in the recipe 8 oz cream cheese?? I'm so making this tonight, so tired of reg soup & chilli!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I know it says Robert but I don't have an account LOL

      Delete
    2. It's 8 oz of cream. I use evaporated milk in the can for it. Let me know how it turns out!

      Delete