Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Review: Zoya Nail Polish Wear

I've had a suggestion of doing a timed wear review of drug store products and other popular brands. My first will be a nail polish Ipsy loves to send us.

Zoya is about $10 and claims to be long wearing, chip resistant, and fade resistant. I have a few of these and I love their one coat quality and I just don't have time to wait on tons of coats to dry. What better hands to try them on than the hands of a full time mother of 7! Usually I touch up daily with a little chip touch up and a coat of clear along to free edge but for this review I will skip all that and show you how it wore until I took it off.






Day 1: I applied a base coat of Sally's clear base coat then one coat of the Zoya nail polish in Odette that I got in my February Ipsy bag. I topped this off with a coat of Sally's Out the Door speed dry top coat.

2/22/2014











Day 2:  They aren't so shiny but the polish has held up to dishes, bathing a hyper toddler, and a few other activities! The free edge of the ring and pinkie fingers is a little bit of wear but that is pretty normal for my nails, maybe typing and everything else I do wears it there cause those are always the first two to start. Normally I would have just touched up that edge with the color and then applied a light coat of clear to them all. However, for the sake of showing actual wear without the touch ups I haven't.

A good way to extend a manicure is to lightly touch up any wear and then to apply a fresh coat of clear to the tops. If you have big chips come off it's better to just fix that nail by removing the polish and applying it again. Also apply a bit of oil to your cuticles daily to keep them from getting dry and ragged.

2/23/2014




Day 3: The ring finger is suffering! I lost a big chunk of polish from that nail somehow during my day! I never even noticed it. But it is the only one and was probably something that would have taken even the best polish off. At this point I would have just taken the polish off that nail and redone the whole thing. As you can see though there is still just normal wear on the pinkie and other fingers, mostly around the tips. There are a few scratches on the nails themselves, and normally this wouldn't even be a problem because I would just apply a fresh coat or clear top coat as needed.

2/24/2014












Day 4: No change really since the day before. Even with the loss of polish on the ring finger nail there is no new chipping to that nail other than a small spot that was already lifting from whatever happened to that big chunk that came off.

2/25/2014










At this point I'm going to give Zoya a nice thumbs up! Aside from the manicure wrecking activity that took the polish from my ring finger nail (and who doesn't have a normal life that could result in this) it held up beautifully with everything I have to do during the course of being Mom! If I had done the usual mani maintenance I normally do by touching up and fixing chips as soon as possible and adding a fresh clear coat to touch up any surface dulling this polish would have lasted for a good week or longer! Zoya is definitely worth the cost! It requires fewer coats and it lasted a super long time with very minimal wear at the tips. Yes I lost some polish from one nail, but I am a mom to 7 children, two of them being 2 and 4 yrs old, I do a ton of dishes, I change diapers, I clean house, I scrub tubs and toilets, I'm surprised it held up so well!

Sometimes it's better to invest in one really good product that saves you in the long run than to keep forking out money on a cheaper product that requires too much attention and ends up with a lot more waste.

I hope this helps!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment