Saturday, February 22, 2014

Ipsy February 2014: The Look of Love

After the snow delay here is my review of my February 2014 Ipsy Bag!




This month's bag was a pretty pink bag with a white zipper and a slightly curved top. I think my bag was miss packed but I won't complain! I've seen others who got hair and skin care products but mine was all makeup! I know from the sneak peek on Facebook that we were supposed to get 2 items from the third peek. I got 4. I got the whole sneak peek except the Jesse's Girl eye shadow pallet. I also got the Pop Beauty Lip Gloss and the Zoya nail polish. This has to be the most amazing bag I have gotten so far. Usually it contains 5 items, mine had 6.

First up is the City Color Be Matte Blush in Fresh Melon. It is a pretty blush with great color pay off that lasted all day. However, it is highly pigmented and can easily be over applied, which I did! This blush is huge! I believe this to be a full sized product but I'm not sure.

City Color Be Matte Blush 

I also received J.Cat false eye lashes in EL66. These are a nice dramatic set of lashes! I've received the J.Cat lashes in a previous bag in a different style. I really like them. I've read some reviews saying they are flimsy, but I like the flexibility and it allows for easier placement. They come with a small tube of black lash glue but I never use the glues that come with lashes because I prefer Duo and don't want to risk any type of reaction. I also prefer clear lash glues. But over all this is a great set of lashes!
J.Cat eye lashes in style EL66

Next up was the Pop Beauty lip gloss in Peony Petal. This is a very pigmented gloss and I would call it more of a liquid lipstick. We have gotten lots of things from Pop Beauty and I have always been very impressed with their products. This gloss was very nice on but it did need reapplying after a short period of time. I really loved the color though!
Pop Beauty lip gloss
This next product took me a second to figure out! It is the Eyetini cream eye shadow and base in Ambrosia. This is a cream eye shadow tint that can be used alone or as a base under other eye colors. This is in a very frosty bronze color and lasted a very long time! I had a little trouble getting it off! This also is a full sized product as well. It applies like a lip gloss with a doe foot applicator, which is what confused me. The packaging has not label other than a martini glass on the top of the lid. We have gotten Nailtini products in past bags and a few of them were really nice and a few were not so impressive!

Eyetini cream eye shadow and base
Last but not least is the Mally Evercolor water proof eye liner in Starshine. This liner is another silver liner they sent to me! I'll have to check my settings and see why they only send me silver liner! It is a beautiful silver color though and will make a great liner for the waterline! I believe this is a premium or deluxe size sample.

Mally Evercolor water proof liner

Zoya nail polish
And Finally! The Zoya nail polish in Odette. We have gotten lots of Zoya nail colors in our bags and I hear a lot of reviews complaining about them but I love them all! You can opt out of getting these products and even specific brands in your bag so if they are still getting them they need to change their answers on the survey. This is always a full sized product and Zoya is a great nail color that is very long lasting and doesn't chip easily. I am always happy to get these! This is a mauve colored polish and I think others got a light pink color. I got the pale pink in a previous bag so I was excited to try the mauve one this time. It is a cream color and would work great with everyday looks or dramatic looks!



Here are swatches of what the other products in the bag look like.
First is the City Color Be Matte Blush in Fresh Melon.
Next is the Pop Beauty lip gloss in Peony Petal.
Third is the Eyetini cream eye shadow in Ambrosia.
And fourth is the Mally Evercolor water proof eye liner in Starshine.



I have not used the J.Cat lashes yet but will let you know in a tutorial when I do! I loved this bag, and not just because pink is my favorite color but because I got a bunch of great products and a lot of full sized things! If you are interested in subscribing to Ipsy yourself, you can check out their website at this link ipsy subscriptions. If you sign up using this link I get extra points I can use towards redeeming for other great products they offer!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment