Saturday, June 14, 2014

Ipsy June 2014: Pretty in Paradise

This month I think Ipsy was in a hurry to get the bags out to us! I have had this bag for about a week and feel guilty about holding out on you but there was a small issue with one of the products in the bag and I was awaiting an email from the product company before I shared with you guys. So here is this month's goodies! I will soon be doing a full Ipsy products look using only the things they have sent to me!




The bag this month has a luau themed look with pineapples and palms on a black backdrop and a red liner. It was designed by Rebecca Minkoff for Ipsy. Here's what I got inside! From most amazing to "seriously why"!


First is one of the most gorgeous liquid eyeliners I have ever seen (and I own about 12)! It is Nicka K New York's Shimmer Eyeliner in Blue. Let me tell you the name "Blue" does this color no justice! This eyeliner should be named something like "Ice Goddess" or "Deep Pacific"! It is a metallic, shimmery dark blue color!!! I cannot wait to use this one!




Next up is the NYX Butter Gloss in Apple Strudel. I love these glosses. They are creamy and have a light sweet scent. I own another already called Creme Brulee. Both colors are a nice nude shade that can be worn for a night or day look with anything. The formula is really long lasting for a gloss and doesn't dry the lips like some colored glosses. This one has a slight coral pink tint.




This is the product that had the issue. The batch that was made for our bags has had many complaints about the fumes it gives off. Be a Bombshell Lash Out mascara (batch #0310). I have to say it does have a very strong smell to it but I did a skin test on my wrist and then I wore it on my eyes with no problems. However, a few with sensitive skin may have a reaction to this.


(Be a Bombshell emailed me that the specific batch was only made for just the Ipsy bags and that while it passed their quality control testing but that they were going to have another lab also test it again)


Now I am not a fan of perfumes. I am strictly a Bath & Body Works Japanese Cherryblossom kinda girl. This is Realtree Just for Her. It stinks. I don't like it. You would think after telling them in my survey I don't want fragrances and giving bad reviews for all I have gotten they would stop sending them by now, but nope here's another.





And LASTLY! We have Dove's Pure Care Dry Oil. Why Ipsy? Why did you send me this? First off, I already got a sample of this, 4 of them to be exact, when I bought my usual hair care products recently. It was free because there was one attached to each thing I bought (shampoo, conditioner, gel, and hairspray). So why did you send us this?



Aside from the last two samples this bag was nice. It had three full sized products in it that were very welcome and the perfume was a tiny sample my daughter got rid of in about 2 days! As for the hair care oil, I will use it but having 5 of them I won't be buying it! I think that sending us the Dove hair product was a bit of a rip off but at $10 a bag and the fact that the mascara and gloss were full sized I think we got our money's worth in it!

If you are interested in Ipsy you can use this link>>> Ipsy Bags to check it out and sign up if you want to and I get points to put towards other great products! Thanks!

Love,
Mom

P.S.

Here are swatches of the eyeliner and Butter Gloss.

On the left is the Creme Brulee I already had, in the middle is Apple Strudel I got in my bag, and the right is the Blue liquid liner.

No comments:

Post a Comment