Saturday, April 5, 2014

Review Request: Local Place the Jefferson Pizza Kitchen

I've had several friends ask me to post a review of a local restaurant. It's called The Jefferson Pizza Kitchen. A local pizza joint in town that my son and many other local teens love (probably because of the lock ins they are so fond of doing overnight). My husband and I have actually tried eating at this place several times only to be disappointed. Not because of the food but because we weren't able to actually get any. The first 2 times we tried the line was so long that after standing there for over thirty minutes we gave up and went to Subway next door. The next was calling in an order only to be told they had run out of pizza dough.

However the other day we managed to obtain a pizza! (I'm sure it's not really that hard to get)




An 18 inch cheese pizza with olives, mushrooms, spinach, and tomatoes (I'm pregnant it's what I wanted)! These ingredients were fresh and the sauce was delicious and tasted homemade.  The slices were gigantic and with 8 slices this was enough to feed my whole family of 9 (the toddlers split one). The crust wasn't too bad but maybe if they brushed a garlic butter around the edge it would be better but that's just my opinion. But this was a pretty dang good pizza. For $14.00 it wasn't a bad deal either considering the size of this beast! We also have a Pizzahut and a Papa Johns in town and I think this place would really out sell them if they put their mind to it. I've been on a Papa John's boycott ever since I have requested they not add the stupid little peppers to the box with pizzas and they still do it anyways (I'm allergic to them). I figure a simple instruction not to do that shouldn't be too hard to follow and they are complete idiots there. Our Pizzahut can't seem to get an order right and they manage to burn the outside of the pizzas while leaving the crust cold and raw. The last time we ordered anything from them was a basic cheese pizza with no special instructions. They forgot the cheese.

The Pizza Kitchen's menu has 12 different specialty pizzas. My son is in love with their Fireworks Pizza which he says has basic pizza ingredients as well as jalapenos and their special insanity sauce. There is also a Chicken Bacon Ranch pizza that lists grilled chicken, bacon, and ranch as the main toppings and a Bacon pizza with Bacon and Bacon ("Just a regular pizza with a huge portion of bacon"). If you are diehard fan of your favorite ingredients you can get an 18 inch cheese pizza for $13.00, a 14 inch for $10.00, and a 9 inch for $7.00 and add whatever you want to it for a little extra. Their ingredients are listed as Pepperoni, Sausage, Bacon, Ham, Meatballs, Chicken, Spinach, Fresh Tomatoes, Black Olives, Mushrooms, Onions, Green Peppers, Banana Peppers, Jalapenos, and Pineapple.

If you like their page on Facebook they are always offering special deals for their Facebook Fans for discounted prices, trading items for a free pizza, and contests to get free pizzas. They also sell pizza by the slice for a quick lunch grab with a drink and I believe they have a salad bar. The only complaint I have is that they are BUSY and it took us forever to get any pizza and they no longer deliver. Other than that the pizza was delicious and HUGE! It was also a very affordable deal because with a family this big it takes a lot of food to feed us and being able to do that with one pizza was pretty nice. They are located at 48 E. Public Square in downtown Jefferson (on the square beside Subway) Their hours are Monday through Thursday 3 pm to 9 pm and Friday and Saturday from 11 am to 9 pm (however I have been told if they are extra busy they stay open until "the dough runs out", which can be before or after 9 pm)

I would recommend eating there.

Love,
Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment