Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Ipsy April 2014: Beauty Rocks

Ipsy has sent out another awesome bag this month. Being 19 months pregnant and having a stress filled week of oral surgery, toddler allergy and asthma, and Thelma trying to break her leg jumping from her top bunk to across the room (luckily she only bruised it really badly and no bones were damaged) opening my mailbox to see that shiny pink package was a highlight of the week! I love it when I get mostly makeup in my bag.





The bag itself isn't anything I'd write home about. It's made of a silky, dark blue material with a grey vinyl record printed on it and says the theme of this month's bag "Beauty Rocks". They have sent bags of this material in the past and they tend to fall apart fast and stain very easily, but I didn't sign up for the actual bag itself! It's the goodies you get inside!



This month I got 3 makeup products in mine. The full sized Cailyn tinted lip balm in #12 Apple Pink, a nice neutral coral pink color. I love the Cailyn products, I have a cream liner and another tinted lip balm already in a red color, so I am excited to have one I can wear everyday! I love that these products come with a built in brush in the cap of the container. However, I wouldn't exactly call these a "tinted lip balm". They are very pigmented and wear more like a moisturizing lipstick.  I also got the Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-on Eye Pencil in Black Velvet. It's a  premium trial sized pencil but it will last forever! These pencils go on smooth and are very blendable but set to a waterproof matte finish. Also in this bag we got a City Color Mousse Eyeshadow in White Gold.  Looking at their website this is a full size as well. This is a very creamy shadow that can be worn alone or used as a base under other shadows. I think it can also be used as a cream liner. It has a duochrome shine that is both silver and gold.

L to R: Cailyn tinted lip balm, Urban Decay 24/7 pencil, and City Color mousse eyeshadow.

Next, I got a gorgeous nail polish from Rainbow Honey in Midnight Fountain. This is a pretty deep glassy blue color with blue glitter bits in it. This is a trial size product and very pretty. I know many people don't like getting polish in their bags but I love it, especially since they finally started sending out colors other than pink!



Finally the last thing I got was a Demeter roll on perfume oil in Jasmine.  This has a light floral scent that is very soothing. It doesn't last very long but it is a very pleasant smell compared to many of the overly scented alcohol based fragrances out on the market. It is a very natural smell that makes me think of the smell of honey suckles and not jasmine.

mm 


That is everything I was sent this month. I hear a lot of others say they don't like getting so many nail polishes or lipsticks from Ipsy, they have added a new thing to our glam rooms where we can go through and review everything they sent us that month and list whether we liked the brand, the color, or the type of product sent. They are taking into account how you answer those surveys to better provide you with the things you want most. So be sure you go to your profile and click on your glam room and take the time to answer the questions on each product. You get 10 points for each one you answer as well which goes towards you being able to earn bonus products. If you are interested in signing up for your own subscription please help me out earning points by using the following link to Ipsy so that I can get extra points for sharing my glam bag with you. Thank you!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment