Sunday, April 27, 2014

Homemade Facial Scrub

With all the hype about microdermabrasion lately I'm sure you've had questions about it too! The idea of loading my face with acidic chemicals scares me though. I've had one professional facial with a peel done and my face was raw and felt burned after for days. When I went to my doctor I was told that I had a chemical burn from the scrub used. It seemed that something I was trying to do to make my skin better was at risk of damaging it. So I started looking into a more natural alternative and here is what I came up with!


Always do a test run on your hand before you put anything on your face!

Ingredients

1 tablespoon of raw honey
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
2 tablespoons baking soda (you can also substitute fine granulated sugar)
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice

Directions

Mix everything together and apply an even coat over the skin. Avoid the eye area. Massage in small circles for 2 minutes and then rinse with warm water and pat dry. You can store any remaining product in a small jar for up to one month. I repeat this scrub once a week. You can make larger batches and also use as a body scrub! The coconut oil helps add needed moisture, the honey acts as a mild acidic scrub to exfoliate dead skin, the lemon juice helps to lift off dead cells and remove minor sun damaged cells.

Adding a drop or two of your favorite essential oil can make this a wonderful aromatherapy too!

Love,
Mom

P.S.
Feel free to play with the amounts to taylor this to your own special needs!

No comments:

Post a Comment