Friday, August 21, 2015

Body Image and Learning to Love Myself Again

My weight gain is a huge power struggle for me and myself. I have been trying to learn to love me again. To be selfish. To deal with my own demons.



One of the things I've learned to do is stop measuring the inches, stop weighing the pounds, and to stop trying to find problems with my body. I've had to learn to love it as it is and take care of it now, not when it's skinny, not when it looks like what I want it to.

When I measured and there wasn't much change in the measurements I would beat myself up. When the inches were going down but the pounds were going up I beat myself up. Obviously I wasn't doing something right and everyone else was posting their weekly weight loss and I would stand on the scale every week and hate the fact that I had only lost 5 pounds. When they were posting about their waist getting smaller I was upset that mine was still the same size.

I had to stop judging myself against what others were claiming to have done. I never saw their weigh ins. I never actually saw them do the workouts they claimed to have done, for all I know they sat on their ass playing video games and only posting that they did it. Just because it was posted didn't mean it was true! I had to stop looking at myself and being hard on myself for not doing as much as they had claimed to do.

I had to stop hating my body because I wasn't doing as good as others claimed theirs were. I had to love it now. In all its fat glory! I had to take care of myself now in order to get where I want to be. I have decided to find one thing I like about my body and love it and work on the rest from there. I love my nose. While others have crazy shaped noses with big bulbous ends or huge humps I have to say the one thing I don't mask with makeup is the shape of my nose. I have a pretty alright nose.

That's all you can do is learn to love what you can until you can love it all. Find one thing you like and when you are hating the rest love it!



Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment