Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Sorry

Sorry I have not been posting a lot lately, I've just been a busy hen! I have 3 children with birthday this month and one in August, 3 of them being in the same week! Parties have been being planned like crazy! Mama also has a new gig selling Pampered Chef, so I've been busy trying to get that setup and going.

I've heard a lot in the news about a little boy being left in a hot car to die and also about several dogs being left to the same fate. My children asked me how being left in the car was dangerous (obviously they've never been in a hot car!). I told them it gets very hot! They asked how hot and I told them about 120 to 140 degrees and they asked me how hot that was. Because you know how children are! Answer one question get another! One of the best ways I found to show them was that it gets hot enough to cook. We made cookies in our van (which by the way has a broken window at the moment so that whole open or cracked window for air is bunked because I have a wide open one and it still got hot enough for this). We put them in at 1:20 when it was 90 degrees outside and it only took one hour before we were enjoying fully baked, delicious cookies in the comforts of our air conditioned home. Maybe this is something you could do with your children to show them how dangerous a hot car can be. Stay safe!
Screen shot of the Temperature

We started at 1:20 my van is parked half in the shade of a massive oak.


One hour later they were done and fully cooked at 2:25 pm


I had to use a potholder and allow these to cool down because the pan was so hot when I tried to get them out it burned me!

Love,
Mom

P.S.
If you are interested in the pan I used it is the large bar pan in stoneware from Pampered Chef you can get one of your own at Mom's Pampered Chef Store. I had a video to go along with this but unfortunately editing resulted in it being deleted some how! Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment