Thursday, July 17, 2014

Ipsy July 2014: Sensationally Sunkissed

So ipsy was less than fabulous this month but that happens! The bag was interesting in that it looks like a giant pink ravioli. The contents of this bag left me questioning if Ipsy actually read my profile or any of the reviews for the products they send. I nevered received a single shipping notice and tracking information.






In this months bag I received a Clear Clinc Laboratories Vanished Clear Spot treatment. I didn't even know what the hell this was. It is a zit treatment. I do not have zits and never stated in my survey that I would be interested in any type of blemish treatment because they tend to irritate my skin. This one is supposed to be "extremely potent" which scares the hell out of me and it shall be thrown away.

Next up is the Pur-Lisse sunscreen. I've gotten this in the past in several different bags and each time I reviewed it as I did not like it and I did not want to receive items like this. I guess they decided to keep sending them anyways. To the trash it went because I gave the last one to my daughter and it gave her a rash.

Thirdly, we have a PIXI Tinted Brilliance Balm in Unique Pink. I love PIXI, but I do not like this balm. Unique it is not, this is just a chiseled down Chapstick. The color, texture, and smell all say basic, black label, no frills Chapstick. But at least I can keep and use it.

Next up is the Models OWN nail polish. As it was the last time I got this brand there is no shade name, not even a number for me to order another if I wanted to. However, it is a very pretty cherry red gloss with glitter chunks. I like it.



Last of all we have a BareMinerals 5in1 BB advanced performance cream eye shadow. The shade is called Divine Wine but to me it looks like Baby poop. It has no wine tone it looks like dark brown. I also have a problem with this being called a BB. BB means Beauty Balm. This is supposed to be

1.) 12-hour long-wearing color

2.) Super-charged primer

3.) Powerful brightening benefits

4.) Smoothes fine lines

5.) Protects with SPF

It sucks because it has long wearing as in it dries into a cakey, chalky mess. Supercharged primer? No it dries too fast to be used as a primer. I don't know how it's supposed to be brightening. As for smoothing lines? Well the swatch picture will speak for that. About the only promise that I found true was the SPF and only in the sense that it blocks the sun the same as smearing mud on your eyes does. Almost all eyeshadow has SPF. 




I really hope everyone else with this subscription got a "happier" bag than I did this month. I hope next month is better. 

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment