Thursday, January 16, 2014

Ipsy Bag January 2014!!!

As promised here is my first Ipsy bag of the year!

The theme for this month was "19 Reasons" because there were 20 products you might get in your bag. I found this a little depressing and over whelming because there were some awesome possible products and some not so amazing items but you only get five of them. Around the first of every month Ipsy starts putting out "sneak peeks" of the upcoming products they will be sending out. It's always fun to watch these to get you excited about the things you may be getting. Then around the tenth of the month they put up your "glam room" which tells you what products you personally are getting in your bag. I try not to look at this because I like that little surprise in opening the bag. It's kind of like opening gifts, but to yourself! I love opening my mailbox and seeing the bright and shiny shipping package in there. It's always a little pick me up during my month!

January 2014 Ipsy bag "19 Reasons"
This months bag wasn't the prettiest they have sent out (I've been getting Ipsy for about a year) but it's not the worst by far. Every month you get a different style bag to go along with that months theme. I know some people say this starts to pile up on them but you don't actually have to keep it or use it! Give it away, throw it away, or use it for gifting! It's blue with a lighter blue design of spray bottles and containers.




 My bag kind of had a bad smell of chemicals but I guess it was the paint used to print the design on it.

 The highlight of this months bag was the Mica Beauty Cosmetics tinted lip balm in #5 Natural and it is creamy and hydrating. I've gotten other Mica products in past Ipsy bags and they have never disappointed.

 My least exciting item was the Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow creamy eye pencil in Pearl. While the formula is very creamy the shade is kind of pale. It really could only be used as a base for powdered shadows but the pencil is so tiny that I really wouldn't be able to use it for that. I guess I could use it as a water line highlighter to help open up my eyes and make them look less tired (kind of like a white liner).
Swatches of the tinted lip balm and Cream Shadow pencil.

Another item in this bag was the Healthy Sexy Hair (same makers as Big Sexy Hair products) Soy Tri-Wheat Leave-in Conditioner. I love the Big Sexy Hair and Healthy Sexy hair products and was wanting to try out a new leave in conditioner since my hair is a bit dry from chemical straightening and dying. So this product was great! You usually get a good sized bottle of these too so you get to try it more than one time to see how you like it. Also, I got Proactiv Mark Fading pads. I have tried Proactiv in the past and found that it over dries my skin but I will give these a shot and see how they work out. I have a few spots where acne from pregnancy hormones has healed but left a slowly fading red mark. I'm not sure how much I will be able to tell from them since I only got four. There was also a sample of Epice Purifying Exfoliant. I'm not sure how I feel about getting this product. I have never heard of this company and I'm a bit shy of trying things that are made to remove a few layers of my skin! I'll let you know how this works out! I think I will try it on my hand first. Well there you have it, My first blog about my first Ipsy bag of the year! If you are interested in checking them out or getting your own bag you can do so at this link, info on Ipsy , I hope y'all have a wonderful day!
Love,
Mom

PS

With Ipsy you can earn points to redeem for cute little extras. This time I redeemed my points for the Kiss Salon Secrets Nail Art starter kit. I hope to be bringing you tutorials on some great looks using this soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment