Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Birthday Smokey Eye Look!

Today is my birthday! Here's the smokey eye look I'll be wearing for whatever dad has planned for me! I hope you enjoy this and find it easy to do yourself!

Always start off with a clean fresh face. I like to moisturize with Oil of Olay. Since I'm currently dealing with a bit of dryness I went with the Anti'Wrinkle Night Cream.


I start with my brows. I have very thin eyebrows and half of them is rubbed off due to stress and being pregnant! I begin by laying a base with a gel liner in a matching color to my current hair color (bright red at the moment). Right now I am using Addiction NV Cosmetics in the color Red Handed and Milani Brow Fix brow kit.






I use the liner to shape the base for the brows 

I apply the brown colored powder over the gel liner to set it and make a more natural color


I use concealer to clean up the edges of my brows and make a nice crisp brow shape

Once I have my brows cleaned and shaped I apply a primer to my eyes to get a longer wear out of my eye color. If you have oily eyelids applying a primer can prevent the typical creasing and smearing of the colors. One the lid I used Maybelline's 24 Hour Color Tattoo cream eye shadow in Barely Brazen. I love these colors and think they make great primers for the eye. From the brow to the crease I just used my concealer.

The eye shadows I use the most I got online from Amazon. They are made in China for BH Cosmetics but it is cheaper to buy directly from the makers. I love these colors and palettes. They are very good quality and the colors are very pigmented. 
88 Color Warm Palette 
I use a fat fluffy brush to apply a natural flesh colored matte shadow from my crease to my brow bone. Using the same fluffy brush I also apply a light pink color shadow from my lash line to my crease. 





 Using a large pencil shaped brush I apply a light taupe brown color in my crease from the inner corner to the outer corner to give a little depth to the hooded shape of my eyes. I blend it up into the lower ridge of my brow bone or eye socket area.



 Next i use a fine small pencil brush to apply a matte black to the outer "v" shape of my eye lid and use a dry clean brush to blend this into the sparkly pink color already on the lid. This creates a smokey effect to the eye. You can wear the look without the black as an everyday look!
Use to blend the pink and black shadows together






 After this I curl my lashes using a lash curler before I apply liner to prevent the line from smudging because I want a nice crisp liner line as close to my lash line as I can with a nice small cat eye wing on the outer corner to lift the eye area.
I am using a dark brown liquid liner





 Once I have my liner applied I let it dry then today I am wearing a nice natural false lash to give my eyes a fuller youthful look.Before I apply those I apply a black pencil to my water and upper lash lines to polish off the look. I got the liner I am using in one of my Ipsy Bags and I love it! However it was a full sized and I still have it so I won't be buying it anytime soon!
To apply my lashes I use the DUO clear lash adhesive. I don't like the glues you sometimes get with lashes or other brands just because they irritate my eyes.


I use my mascara to blend in my natural lashes to the false ones and create a more natural effect. I then reapply the liner to cover any extra lash glue that is on the band and lid. The mascara I am using is again one I got in my Ipsy bag. I have been getting Ipsy for about  a year and have yet to buy a new mascara because every time I use up one of the samples they sent I am sent a new one!I really like the one I currently have. One month we were sent a full size of Michelle Phan's new makeup line and I got the mascara. I wasn't too fond of it but my daughter loves it!



 After this I applied some concealer and a bit of contouring with a  with a light powder because of the eczema issue I am currently dealing with. This is the finished look! I am wearing Wet n' Wild Mega Shield lip color in 361S Peachy Keen to finish off the look!

I hope you love it!
Love,
Mom

















No comments:

Post a Comment