Friday, May 23, 2014

Ipsy May 2014: Fresh Picks

Sorry for not posting in a long time, I've just been adjusting to having a an extra baby and working him into our routine and trying to work my life with 7 other children around breast feeding the new one. This post is really late, I know, but trust me when I say it's nothing special! This month's Ipsy Bag was bad, boring, and disappointing, but you can't always get amazing stuff 100% of the time!

The bag itself was nice actually. It is a natural colored canvas material that reminds me of the canvas totes many women carry. It has a green print of leaves on it and goes with the theme of freshening up after a hot day in the summer heat.


This months bag contained many options for skin care and protecting from the sun as well as some nice sheer makeup options which I got none of. :( Boohoo!


This is sad so I won't bombard you with detailed pictures of each thing I got in mine. First is a Pacifica eyeshadow in Natural Beauty, it's a very sparkly blue and white shadow duo. At my age you don't wear blue and sparkly! However, it makes my daughter's green eyes explode with color!  Next we have Calvin Klein's Endless Euphoria 3ml sample that my husband says smells like "old church lady" perfume! It is a very heavy scent for this weather! I got another Champagne colored Nailtini polish. I will never run out of this one since I now have 8 from them! You think they would keep record of that and send at least a different color. Even my daughters turned this one down. I also got a Crown Cosmetics Pro Blending Fluff Brush, usually I'd say a brush is always nice but this thing is rough and stiff! It really tugs the skin and even feels like it may scratch it. Just rubbing it on my hand also caused it to lose a large amount of hair. Finally, my least favorite thing in this bag. Jersey Shore Sun's Sans Tan Pure White Mineral Sunscreen. It is, in my most humble opinion, repackaged diaper cream. It smells, looks, and has the same texture as Balmex for diaper rash. While I am all about sun screen worship there is no way in hell I am smearing my face with Desitin!

Love,
Mom

P.S.
I have finally figured out how to upload videos and figured out my editing program to make my tutorials much more appealing!

No comments:

Post a Comment