Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"Winter is Coming"

With the first day of fall done and over I feel a bit better! Mom has been dealing with a touch of cabin fever! Stuck in this house day in and day out has been getting to me. But with all this cooler weather I've been able to open the windows in this big old house and "air it out" in more ways than one.


There are many thing that have been going on that have me feeling like crap. Top of it being a stomach bug that just won't go away! But also being stuck in the house day in and day out, I notice things I need to fix but never can find the time to get done. As well as a feeling that sets in that if I am going to be the only one cleaning and doing things here then nobody else has a right to touch things and mess them up!

With the fall and winter seasons coming there is also a single parenthood that sets in. Being a stay at home mom my husband is the soul income we have. Any overtime is definitely needed. Since he works for a major chain store distribution center the Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas/Valentine's flood of merchandise means overtime is in abundance! That leaves me alone to do all the parenting, cleaning, and sick duty. I don't mind it. When he comes home he's tired and worn out from work so on his few days off he just wants to sit at home and relax. During this time of year "days off" become "mandatory overtime" days.

I know many people call this "first world problems", I'm a woman bitching about her husband having a full time job and getting overtime. Some are saying I should be grateful and thank my lucky stars we have an income at all. Well I am grateful, but I am still human. Unlike some women I love my husband and spending time with him. When he works 12 to 14 hour days 6 days a week that means out of a full week I only get 10 to 12 hours a day with him. His job involves a lot of heavy activity (think marathon training) and strenuous work. He needs to get at least 8 hours of sleep at night to be able to do his job. So we only have about 2 to 4 hours we get to see each other everyday. That time is usually spent getting 8 children fed and bathed for the night. It gets lonely. I miss spending time with him. Talking about life.

I know this sounds whiny and many people think this selfish but I'm human and I need to vent every once and a while about life. The past 2 months we have had a stomach bug that won't go away, measles, and now chickenpox. Life becomes a tab bit overwhelming and you just need to say what's on your mind. Things that aren't so important take a back seat to things that are. Blog posts don't get written because family time means more than keeping readers reading. I hate that I have to do that, but I am one person. I hope I can make posts more often, I will try. But please understand life happens!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment